Transferring to King's is easy and rewarding
There are many reasons to consider transferring from one college to another, but it’s important you choose a location where you feel both welcomed and in the best possible position to accomplish your academic and career goals.
If you find yourself unsure about your current location, consider King’s for the following reasons:
- Track record of graduate success – 98% of our graduates are employed or attend graduate school within six months of graduation.
- Phi Theta Kappa’s Transfer Honor Roll – For years King’s College has been ranked as one of the most transfer-friendly colleges in the nation.
- Constant support through the process - From the moment you contact us to your first day of class, you will be supported every step of the way to make sure your transfer is seamless and exciting. We’ll help you navigate financial aid, housing placement, and extracurricular activities.
- Transfer-friendly majors - With more than 50 majors and programs in business, health and social sciences, the humanities, and science and technology, you’re bound to find an equivalent or even better major to study. We welcome you to explore all of our diverse undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Seamless transfer of applicable credits from your current institution – You can check your transfer credits before you apply. Your advisor will also walk you through the best course sequence to ensure no classes are repeated and you graduate on time.
- Easy to schedule a campus visit – We’re proud of our friendly and welcoming campus and are more than happy to show you around if you want to experience it yourself while you weigh your options.
- Small class sizes and a personal touch – We boast a student-to-teacher ratio of 12:1. If you’re lacking personal attention, you’ll find it at King’s, whether it’s getting the most out of our educational and recreational opportunities or planning your future career.
Check out our guide on how easy it is to transfer and all the reasons to consider King’s as the next stop in your academic journey!
We just launched Transfer Tuesdays, an exclusive King's College event designed for transfer students who are considering joining our campus community. Here's what you can look forward to:
- Submit or Review Your Application: Get help completing your application or review its status if its already submitted
- Campus Tour: See our beautiful campus and get a taste of our atmosphere
- Financial Aid Consultation: Discover the various financial aid options available to you. Our experts will guide you through the process and help you make informed decisions about your educational investment
- Advising Session: Meet with our dedicated transfer counselor or an advisor to discuss credit transfers, degree requirements, or planning your course schedule
WILL MY CREDITS TRANSFER?
We generally review transfer credits from other institutions in which a student has earned a 2.0 GPA or higher.
Want to know how your credits will transfer over? Try our "Will my Credits Transfer?" tool here! Keep in mind, we’re still building this list, so even if you don’t see your course listed there, you can always request an unofficial credit evaluation before applying!
More information on unofficial credit evaluations
Upon request, King's College will perform a preliminary, unofficial evaluation of each student's transcript prior to application. By utilizing this service, a student can enter into the transfer process knowing which credits will be accepted. An official evaluation will be performed after an offer of admission is extended. King's will accept up to 60 credits in transfer; half of the major requirements need to be taken at King's. When possible, credits will be applied to major courses and Core requirements and then to elective credits. Only those courses with a C grade or better will be considered.
TRANSFER APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Complete the online transfer application
- Official College Transcript(s) from all schools attended
- Official High School Transcript indicating graduation date, or High School Equivalency certification
- Enter The King’s College Federal School code (003282) on your FAFSA
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Phone: 1 (570) 208-8445
- Email: email@example.com